After telling clients and contacts to go and join the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), I have finally got around to joining this myself.
The Federation started in 1974 as a lobbying group that protects the interests of small business owners as well as the self-employed. It now has over 213,000 members and 194 branches.
Some of its core objectives are
- To promote the interests of members
- To protect members’ business
- To publicise the benefits of self-employed and business ownership
The organisation regularly hold events up and down the country which are open to members and often non-members. In the Devizes and North Wiltshire area, two members of the committee, Adrian Chase and Bill Ryan are actively promoting new events.
The key benefits of joining the federation are
- Free business banking with the Co-operative bank
- Free legal advice helpline
- Tax investigation insurance
- Insurance cover for employment disputes
The full range can be seen on their website.
I am looking forward to a long standing relationship with this organisation for the benefit of me and my clients.